Celebrate the warmer season by incorporating our selected trends for home entertaining – and take your next gathering to new heights.
Entertaining in style is ever-evolving; that said, there are really no rules to follow when it comes to hosting a party for your family and friends. Keep things fresh and interesting by taking your cue from bohemian aesthetics, which encourages the use of greenery for centrepieces – think succulents and air plants, set against decorative accents in earthy tones and adorned with modern details. Low-seating arrangements are another option to consider if you aim to create a relaxing ambience; this works particularly well for gatherings inspired by coastal or Moroccan vibes. Comfy furniture pieces such as throws, pillows and poufs are essential, especially if you want your guests to linger.
Six Rules You Need to Know
1. Engage your guests in conversation with the accent pieces that adorn your home
2. Be it elegant or playful, regal or casual, these pieces will certainly spruce up the atmosphere
3. Don’t overcrowd your home – leave enough space for guests to mingle and relax
4. The table is where guests will spend most of their time, so make sure you leave a stellar impression with your setting
5. Start small and brighten up the space with colourful vases at different heights; pair candleholders with gold or silver candlesticks
6. Add a whimsical feel to your get-together with paper lanterns
Five Designs to Set the Mood
Facebook cover photos and leading images courtesy of Bloomingville and House Doctor